top of page


Great Bend Housing Authority operates a Section 8 assistance program for low-income persons in Great Bend, Kansas that are seeking housing on the private market. Funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), this program assists low-income persons with affordable, decent, safe, and sanitary housing provided the unit passes a physical inspection. Participants pay approximately 30% of their income as rent to the landlord of their choice, with the Great Bend Housing Authority subsidizing the remaining portion.


Rent is approximately 30% of household income, with income limitations as listed below:

1 Person Households

Income Limit - $16,700

2 Person Households

Income Limit - $19,720

3 Person Households

Income Limit - $24,860

4 Person Households

Income Limit - $30,000

Brick Wall


Anyone interested in applying for Section 8 housing assistance should download and complete an application to be pre-qualified for the waiting list, or stop by our office at 1101 Kansas Avenue to pick up a paper copy. Assistance is available on a first-come, first-served basis for those who qualify with a limited number of spots available for the program. Feel free to contact our friendly staff if you have any questions about the program: 620-793-7761.

GBHA 1.jpg
bottom of page